The 3-day FAR course replaces the former Occupational First Aid (OFA) course. It is the recognised by the Health & Safety Authority of Ireland (HSA) as meeting the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
- Scene and patient assessment
- Recognising and treat choking
- How to perform CPR and how to use an AED (defibrillator)
- Recognising and treating stroke and heart attack
- Treatment of crush injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, sprains and strains
- Treatment for shock and poisoning
- How to treat and bandage wounds and other injuries
- Recognising and treating concussion and compression
- How to recognise and treat hypothermia and hyperthermia
- How to treat electric shock and chemical burns
What will I receive on the course?
Each participant will receive the following items:
- First Aid Response (FAR) booklet
- Student Pack (this includes triangular bandage, roller bandage, wound dressing, sterile dressing, gloves)
- Pocket Face Mask
- Key-ring Face Shield
- Request Emergency Dispatch (RED) Card
- Covid-19 information pack (this includes a 14-page ‘First Aid & Covid-19 in the workplace’ e-booklet, links to videos demonstrating correct hand hygiene and donning and doffing personal protective equipment (PPE) and 2 printable A4 posters for your workplace
Learners will be assessed on their practical skills and complete a MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) exam
Max Number of Learners
The max number of instructor to learners is 1:8
A PHECC FAR certificate is issued to all successful participants (which is valid for 2 years).
A 2-day refresher course must be attended within this period to keep the certificate valid.
Here’s some testimonials from people who have completed our courses
- The cost of this course is € 355 per person
- Discounts are available for groups.
Discounts are available for group bookings. For further information on discounts please email email@example.com
The courses listed below take place on our premises, 29 Lesson Street Upper, Dublin 4, D04 PX94. For other locations please email firstname.lastname@example.org.