The 3-day FAR course replaces the former Occupational First Aid (OFA) course. It is the recognised by the Health & Safety Authority of Ireland (HSA) as meeting the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
What will I learn?
- Scene assessment and management
- Patient assessment
- Recognising and treat choking
- How to perform CPR and how to use an AED (defibrillator)
- Recognising and treating stroke and heart attack
- Treatment of crush injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, sprains and strains
- Treatment for shock and poisoning
- How to treat and bandage wounds and other injuries
- Recognising and treating concussion and compression
- How to recognise and treat hypothermia and hyperthermia
- How to treat electric shock and chemical burns
Please note, as per the new guidelines issued by PHECC (the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council), learners will learn compression only CPR. This means learners will not blow in to the manikin (i.e. no mouth to mouth).
What will I receive on the course?
Each participant will receive the following items:
- First Aid Response (FAR) booklet
- Student Pack (this includes triangular bandage, roller bandage, wound dressing, sterile dressing, gloves)
- Pocket Face Mask
- Key-ring Face Shield
- Request Emergency Dispatch (RED) Card
How many people will be on the course?
There will be a maximum of eight people on the course
How will I be assessed?
Learners will be assessed on their practical skills and complete a MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) exam
What certificate will I receive?
Successful learners will be issued with a PHECC FAR certificate which is valid for 2 years
A 2-day refresher course must be completed before the cert expiry date to keep the certificate valid.
Where is the course located?
The course takes place on our premises on 29 Upper Lesson Street, Dublin 4, D04 PX94. For other locations please email email@example.com
I am travelling by car, where can I park?
Free Parking is available on our premises (29 Upper Lesson Street, Dublin 4, D04 PX94 ) at the back of our building
I use Public Transport, where is the nearest Bus, Luas, DART or Dublin Bike station?
We are located on 29 Lesson Street Upper, Dublin 4, D04 PX94. Please click the link below or download the file to see the nearest Bus, Luas, DART and Dublin Bikes stations.
How much does the course cost?
The course costs € 355 per person. Discounts are available is 3 or more people book the course. For further information on group discounts please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01 668 8077
How do I pay?
Payment can be made securely using the online booking form below.
If you wish to pay by Invoice, Bank Transfer or over the phone with a credit card, please email email@example.com or ring 01 668 8077