Over 10,000 people die each year from cardiovascular disease in Ireland with approximately half of those deaths estimated to be caused by sudden cardiac arrest.
The vast majority of cardiac arrests happen out of hospital and usually in close proximity to a friend or a family member.
If you learn how to perform CPR, you may be able to save a life.
Advantages of learning CPR with St John Ambulance Ireland
- Trained and highly experienced instructors
- Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) approved and certified course
- Small classes focused primarily on practical skills to maximise learning experience
What you will learn on our course
Undertaking a Cardiac First Response – Community course with St John Ambulance Ireland allows you to learn how to help save a life through the following
- How to perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation**
- The safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- How to recognise and treat Choking
- How to recognise and treat heart attack (includes administration of aspirin
- Recogntion and treatment of stroke
- How to place a person in the recovery position
**Please note, as per the new guidelines issued by PHECC (the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council), learners will be assessed on compression only CPR. This means learners will not blow in to the manikin (i.e. no mouth to mouth).
What will I receive on the course?
Each participant will receive the following items:
- Cardiac First Response-Community (CFR-C) book
- Pocket Face Mask
- Key-ring Face Shield
- Request Emergency Dispatch (RED) Card
- Covid-19 information pack (this includes a 14-page ‘First Aid & Covid-19 in the workplace’ e-booklet, links to videos demonstrating correct hand hygiene and donning and doffing personal protective equipment (PPE) and 2 printable A4 posters for your workplace
Max Number of Learners
The max number of instructor to learners is 1:6
The course is tested by continuous observation by the trainer and a multiple choice question paper.
A PHECC CFR-C certificate is issued to all successful participants (which is valid for 2 years).
Here’s some testimonials from people who have completed our courses
The cost of the course is €70 per person. Discounts are available is 3 or more people book the course. For further information on group discounts please email email@example.com or ring 01 668 8077
The course can be booked below securely using PayPal. If you wish to use another payment method then please contact 01 668 8077 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The courses listed below take place on our premises, 29 Lesson Street Upper, Dublin 4, D04 PX94. For other locations please email email@example.com.