Over 10,000 people die each year from cardiovascular disease in Ireland with approximately half of those deaths estimated to be caused by sudden cardiac arrest.
The vast majority of cardiac arrests happen out of hospital and usually in close proximity to a friend or a family member.
If you learn how to perform CPR, you may be able to save a life.
Advantages of learning CPR with St John Ambulance Ireland
- Trained and highly experienced instructors
- Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) approved and certified course
- Small classes focused primarily on practical skills to maximise learning experience
What will I learn on our course?
Undertaking a Cardiac First Response – Community course with St John Ambulance Ireland allows you to learn how to help save a life through the following
- How to perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation**
- The safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- How to recognise and treat Choking
- How to recognise and treat heart attack (includes administration of aspirin
- Recogntion and treatment of stroke
- How to place a person in the recovery position
**Please note, as per the new guidelines issued by PHECC (the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council), learners will be assessed on compression only CPR. This means learners will not blow in to the manikin (i.e. no mouth to mouth).
What will I receive on the course?
Each participant will receive the following items:
- Cardiac First Response-Community (CFR-C) book
- Pocket Face Mask
- Key-ring Face Shield
- Request Emergency Dispatch (RED) Card
How many people will be on the course?
There will be a maximum of six people on the course
How will I be assessed?
The course is tested by continuous observation by the trainer
What certificate will I receive?
Successful learners will be issued with a PHECC Cardiac First Response–Community (CFR-C) certificate which is valid for 2 years
Where is the course located?
The course takes place on our premises on 29 Upper Lesson Street, Dublin 4, D04 PX94. For other locations please email email@example.com
I am travelling by car, where can I park?
Free Parking is available on our premises (29 Upper Lesson Street, Dublin 4, D04 PX94 ) at the back of our building
I use Public Transport, where is the nearest Bus, Luas, DART or Dublin Bike station?
We are located on 29 Lesson Street Upper, Dublin 4, D04 PX94. Please click the link below or download the file to see the nearest Bus, Luas, DART and Dublin Bikes stations.
How much does the course cost?
The course costs € 70 per person. Discounts are available is 3 or more people book the course. For further information on group discounts please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01 668 8077
How do I pay?
Payment can be made securely using the online booking form below.
If you wish to pay by Invoice, Bank Transfer or over the phone with a credit card, please email email@example.com or ring 01 668 8077