This course will provide you with the practical and possible life-saving skills to deal with an emergency situation. Focus is on the essential elements of first aid and life-saving skills.
What will I learn on our course?
- Scene assessment and management
- Patient assessment
- Recognising and treating choking
- How to perform CPR and how to use an AED (defibrillator)
- Recognising and treating stroke and heart attack
- Treatment of fractures, spinal injuries, sprains and strains
- Treatment for shock and poisoning
- How to treat and bandage wounds and other injuries
- Recognising and treating concussion and compression
Please note, as per the new guidelines issued by PHECC (the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council), learners will learn compression-only CPR. This means learners will not blow into the manikin (i.e. no mouth-to-mouth).
How will I learn?
All our instructors have several years of practical experience in the field and teaching. We teach theory and practical sessions where the participants can test their new skills.
What will I receive on the course?
Each participant will receive the following items:
- Emergency First aid booklet
- Pocket Face Mask
- Key-ring Face Shield
- Request Emergency Dispatch (RED) Card
- Student pack (this includes triangular bandage, roller bandage, wound dressing, sterile dressing, and gloves)
How many people will be on the course?
There will be a maximum of twelve people on the course.
How will I be assessed?
The course is tested by continuous observation by the trainer and a multiple-choice question paper.
What certificate will I receive?
Successful learners are issued an electronic St John Ambulance Certificate in Emergency First Aid, valid for 2 years.
Where is the course located?
The course takes place on our premises at 29 Leeson Street Upper, Dublin 4, D04 PX94. For other locations ,please email [email protected]
I am travelling by car, where can I park?
Free Parking is available on our premises (29 Leeson Street Upper, Dublin 4, D04 PX94 ) at the back of our building.
I use Public Transport; where is the nearest Bus, Luas, DART or Dublin Bike station?
We are located at 29 Leeson Street Upper, Dublin 4, D04 PX94. Please click the link below or download the file to see the nearest Bus, Luas, DART and Dublin Bikes stations.
How much does the course cost?
The course costs €95 per person. Discounts are available if 3 or more people book the course. For further information on group discounts, please email [email protected] or ring 01 668 8077.
How do I pay?
Payment can be made securely using the online booking form below.
If you wish to pay by Invoice, Bank Transfer or over the phone with a credit card, please email [email protected] or ring 01 668 8077.