The 2-day FAR-Refresher course replaces the former Occupational First Aid-Refresher (OFA-R) course. It is the recognised by the Health & Safety Authority of Ireland (HSA) as meeting the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
- Scene and patient assessment
- Recognising and treat choking
- How to perform CPR and how to use an AED (defibrillator)
- Recognising and treating stroke and heart attack
- Treatment of crush injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, sprains and strains
- Treatment for shock and poisoning
- How to treat and bandage wounds and other injuries
- Recognising and treating concussion and compression
- How to recognise and treat hypothermia and hyperthermia
- How to treat electric shock and chemical burns
What will I receive on the course?
Each participant will receive the following items:
- First Aid Response (FAR) booklet
- Student Pack (this includes triangular bandage, roller bandage, wound dressing, sterile dressing, gloves)
- Pocket Face Mask
- Key-ring Face Shield
- Request Emergency Dispatch (RED) Card
- Covid-19 information pack (this includes a 14-page ‘First Aid & Covid-19 in the workplace’ e-booklet, links to videos demonstrating correct hand hygiene and donning and doffing personal protective equipment (PPE) and 2 printable A4 posters for your workplace
To attend this course you must have a valid First Aid Response (FAR) certificate. You do not have to have previously completed a FAR course with St John Ambulance – we welcome any person who has FAR certification.
Prior to attending one of our training courses, learners will need to complete a visitor declaration form. On review of this form, St John Ambulance confirm your attendance. On the day of the course, learners will need to confirm there have been no changes to their visitor declaration form and they are symptom free.
Max Number of Learners
The max number of instructor to learners is 1:8
A PHECC FAR certificate is issued to all successful participants (which is valid for 2 years).
A 2-day refresher course must be attended within this period to keep the certificate valid.
Here’s some testimonials from people who have completed our courses
- The cost of this course is € 195 per person
- Discounts are available for groups.
Discounts are available for group bookings. For further information on discounts please email email@example.com
The courses listed below take place on our premises, 29 Lesson Street Upper, Dublin 4, D04 PX94. For other locations please email firstname.lastname@example.org.