Over 10,000 people die each year from cardiovascular disease in Ireland with approximately half of those deaths estimated to be caused by sudden cardiac arrest.
The vast majority of cardiac arrests happen out of hospital and usually in close proximity to a friend or a family member.
If you learn how to perform CPR, you may be able to save a life.
What you will learn on our course
Undertaking a Cardiac First Response – Community course with St John Ambulance Ireland allows you to learn how to help save a life through the following
- How to perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- The safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- How to recognise and treat Choking
- How to recognise and treat heart attack (includes administration of aspirin
- Recogntion and treatment of stroke
- How to place a person in the recovery position
Advantages of learning CPR with St John Ambulance Ireland
- Trained and highly experienced instructors
- Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) approved and certified course
- Small classes focused primarily on practical skills to maximise learning experience
- Course cost is €70.
- Maximum of 6 students per instructor with as many instructors as required
- Classes start at 9.30am on date of courses at our headquarters on Leeson Street, Dublin
Please use the PayPal form below to securely book and pay for your course. If you wish to use an alternative method of payment, please contact our Training and Development department by clicking here