In light of the ongoing pandemic this 1.5-hour instructor-led course will equip first aiders with the up to date information and procedures on Covid-19 for first aiders.
On the 9th May of this year, the government, in conjunction with Health and Safety Authority (HSA), the Health Services Executive (HSE) and the Department of Health and the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation published a “Return to Work Safely Protocol”. This protocol provides guidance to employers to help safeguard their workers when returning to the workplace.
This protocol advises:
“Workers with a specific role in acting as first responders should be provided with updated training on infection prevention and control principles including performance of hand hygiene and appropriate use of personal protective equipment when delivering first aid”
Who is this course for?
This course is for first aiders in the workplace
- Key control measures for coronavirus
- Types of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Correct procedure for donning (putting on) and doffing (taking off) various types of PPE
- How to treat a patient with suspected / confirmed Covid-19
- Updated guidelines on performing Cardiopulmonary Respiration (CPR)
- Personal wellbeing
How will I learn?
Our instructor will deliver the course online using Microsoft Teams. This enables learners to ask questions and interact with the instructor and other course participants in real time. The course presentation will be shared onscreen in real time and the practical components of the course will be demonstrated in a series of videos . You can use Microsoft Teams directly with your browser using a smart phone, tablet, laptop or PC and there is no need to download the app.
What will I receive on the course?
Upon completion of the course, each learner will receive the following:
- 14-page First Aid & Covid-19 in the workplace e-booklet
- Links to videos demonstrating correct hand hygiene and donning and doffing personal protective equipment (PPE)
- 2 printable A4 posters for your workplace
- St John Ambulance Certificate of Attendance (please note, it may take up to 2 weeks to receive a copy of your Certificate)
Will I receive a certificate in first aid?
As there is no formal assessment on this course, a St John Ambulance Certificate in First Aid is not issued, however, learners will receive a Certificate of Attendance
The cost of the course is €30 per person and can be booked below securely using PayPal. If you wish to use another payment method then please contact 01 668 8077 or email@example.com . Discounts are available for group bookings, for further information on group bookings please contact 01 668 8077 or firstname.lastname@example.org .