Here at St John Ambulance we rely on the work of our volunteers to carry out our charitable aims. If you have a particular skill set and would like to offer your experience and expertise to St. John Ambulance we would love to hear from you. From time to time specialist volunteer vacancies will arise to meet the needs of our charity. Some of these specialist roles include fundraisers, health and safety advisors, cadet leaders, instructors and support staff. We are currently recruiting for the vacancy below.
Job Title: Training & Development Administrator
Department: Training & Development (T&D)
Reports to: Operationally (SJAI Business Manager) & Functionally (Head of T&D)
Background to Role
St. John Ambulance is Ireland’s oldest First Aid charity which is committed to providing first aid training in the community and in the work place and First Aid cover at events where crowds gather, so that those who need First Aid receive it, wherever they are or what they are doing when they become sick or injured. To help us achieve this vision we require an individual to provide administrative support at our National Headquarters in Dublin. This exciting opportunity will provide the chosen candidate with the chance to be part of an organisation that is committed to providing professional training courses nationally.
About the Role
This role is suitable for those who have a conscientious work ethic, effective communication skills both verbal & written and a core ability to work on own initiative. It would be advantageous to have knowledge of the Emergency Volunteer community in Ireland and an understanding of Adult / Volunteer Education and the statutory agencies engaged involved in the sector (PHECC). An outward thinking attitude and a drive to expand the training section is a must.
- Preparation of course documentation & material to support the efficient running of classes.
- Updating of T&D policies & procedures as required by the T&D management team.
- Perform quarterly gap analysis of the curricula for Instructors nationally.
- Correct filing & storage of T&D material.
- Process training forms into the national database.
- Set up and maintain training folders for active courses.
- Archive documentation for completed courses.
- Issue monthly reports on agreed criteria.
- Updating of National Training Database.
- Coordinating with outside registered bodies e.g. PHECC & HSA.
- Auditing – Review of documentation in line with policies & procedures.
- Maintain curricula for members of SJAI.
- The Training Administrator will support all training and development in the organisation and ensure all accredited trainers carry out the planned training activities.
- Ensure that all relevant administrative activities using the National training Database are closed out in a timely fashion.
Key Performance Indicators –KPIs Job Dimensions
- Certificates issued within 7 days:
- Database updated with 7 days of receiving material:
- Issue monthly report on performance criteria
- Education: Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) with additional course qualifications.
- Languages: Excellent spoken & written English
- Experience: Understanding of quality assurance, good communications, past experience in a similar field would be a benefit. Ability to work alone rather than in a group.
- Permanent; 5 days per week; 37.5 hrs.
Enquiries and CV to email@example.com