This 6.5-7 hour Instructor-Led course will provide you with the practical and possible life-saving skills to deal with an emergency situation. Focus is on the essential elements of first aid and life-saving skills.
- Scene and patient assessment
- Recognising and treat choking
- How to perform CPR and how to use an AED (defibrillator)
- Recognising and treating stroke and heart attack
- Treatment of fractures, spinal injuries, sprains and strains
- Treatment for shock and poisoning
- How to treat and bandage wounds and other injuries
- Recognising and treating concussion and compression
How will I learn?
Our instructor will deliver each module online using video-telephony. This enables learners to ask questions and interact with the instructor and other course participants in real time. The course materials will be shared onscreen in real time and the practical components of the course will be demonstrated in a series of videos.
What will I receive on the online course?
Each participant will receive the following items in the post prior to the course:
- Emergency First aid booklet
- Pocket Face Mask
- Key-ring Face Shield
- Request Emergency Dispatch (RED) Card
In the interest of safety, the above items will be packaged by persons wearing appropriate personal protection equipment. These materials are additional resources and are not required to participate in the course
Our online course will give learners 2 options.
Option 1: Upon completion of the online course a practical exam must be completed in our premises on 29 Lesson Street Upper, Dublin 4. The exam will be held on a separate date to the online course and the online resources will be available to you until your exam is over. Our premises will be kitted out so learners will complete the exam in their own clear-plastic Perspex pod. Exam materials such as bandages will be new and unopened. Learners may take these items home with them or dispose of them in the designated bin if they do not wish to keep them. Manikins will be sanitised prior to the course by persons wearing appropriate PPE. As per the new guidelines issued by PHECC (the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council), learners will be examined on compression only CPR. This means learners will not blow in to the manikin (i.e. no mouth to mouth). There will be strict social distancing measures in place regarding entering and exiting the hall and using the toilets.
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be issued with a St John Certificate in Emergency First Aid (which is valid for 2 years).
Option 2: The course is completed online with no practical exam, after which you will receive a Certificate of attendance. Please note, as the practical skills will not have been assessed by an examiner, this is NOT a certificate in First Aid.
- Learners who complete the online course and the successfully pass the exam will receive a St John Certificate in Emergency First Aid (which is valid for 2 years)
- Learners who complete the online course with no practical exam will receive a Certificate of attendance. Please note, as the practical skills will not have been assessed by an examiner, this is NOT a certificate in First Aid.
- The cost of the online course plus examination is € 85 per person
- The cost of the online course only is € 70 per person
The course can be booked below securely using PayPal. If you wish to use another payment method then please contact 01 668 8077 or email@example.com
When is the next available course?
The course is held on a bi-monthly basis, please see dates below.